Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mixed Emotions

Yesterday I was hunting for some great bargains at HMV during The Singapore Great Sales, and suprisingly I found Razorlight's sophomore album on the new releases rack.

It is supposed to drop on next monday in UK, but the album is available in record stores at every corner of Singapore. I suppose the Asian version released earlier that that of other regions, or the store rooms have been so occupied that the people just shoved the CDs to the racks. However, I don't think I'll be able to find it back in Malaysia so the first theory seemingly can't work.

Either way, I am pleasantly ecstatic to have got my hands on the album before the official release date. Now it seems to be pointless for me to dowload the leak on internet while I actually got the real thing just the day after.

Upon a few cursory listens, I find that the 10 tracks in Razorlight are far more accessible and poppish than those on Up All Night. They are mostly short catchy tunes adorned with jangly guitar. The album is not by mean better than Up All Night, but for me it is at least on the same par.


Woohoo!

Other than Razorlight, also bought two more albums I can't get back home.

My uncle passed away this afternoon, it was rather shocking when I found out about it. Hope he'll rest in peace.

Band of Horses - The Funeral

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home