Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Arctic Monkeys Win Mercury Prize

Arctic Monkeys

The most hyped band on internet has won this year Mercury Music Prize with their debut album "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not". As much as I like Arctic Monkeys, it never crossed my mind the band would win the Mercury, because normally it doesn't go to such mainstream album. A lot people say the lads don't deserve it, but I think the album is a solid one with many great moments. Who cares what those indie weirdos who practically bashed all bands that sell more than a dozen records think?

Hmm, I wonder if fatty Andy gets his share of honour?

The band's latest b-side:
Put Your Dukes Up John (The Little Flames Cover)
Baby I'm Yours (feat. The 747s' - Barbara Lewis Cover)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea their songs are good :)Agreed :)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home