Saturday, February 24, 2007

San Francisco, Leeds and Glasgow

BRMC

One of my favourite bands, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club will have their 4th album 'Baby 81' released in May 2007. So good, yet so underrated, this comes in my mind whenever I think of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. "666 Conducer" and "Weapon of Choice" are are two of tracks slated to appear on the new album.

666 Conducer
Weapon of Choice


Kaiser Chiefs

I have listened to Kaiser Chiefs second album, "Yours Truly, Angry Mob". Second album is always difficult especially when the first one sold more than few trucks and won plenty of awards. No more 'na na na naaa..', the tracks aren't as catchy as those on their critically acclaimed debut "Employment", they appeared to be much darker. Standout tracks include,

The Angry Mob
Love Is Not A Competition (But I'm Winning)


I have visitors from Glasgow (home of many great bands) during lunar new year. I have so many complaints for our record stores, but they seemed to enjoy shopping there, the main reason being the price was comparably low to them, costing barely £10. They stayed for only 7 days, yet it was so obvious that they could pick up the ugly fact that we are not that patriotic after all. I nearly went speechless when I was asked how come the people here do not support any local football teams, the best reason I could come up with was the teams here are simply too bad. Ahem, where is the high 'boleh' spirit or is it just a myth?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home